Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Early to bed.....

Well, I'm back after recovering from a serious bout of pool overdose, followed by a compensatory bout of unnecessary cosmetics shopping, followed by a mild bout of food poisoning. Hopefully, I am on the mends from all.

I got stuck playing 3 nights in a row, even though I have agreements from all my captains that they would allow me to juggle things so that wouldn't happen. Of course, being aware of the cluster f*ck phenomenon that is league life, I was sure it would happen at least once. And it did. Last matches all three nights. By the third night, I was a bit numb....I thought I had ball in hand, and picked up the cue ball after a good hit. My opponent was on the 8. It was case game. There was an outpouring of insistent sympathy in anticipation of my feeling horrible. And I was thinking "Well, that kinda sucks, but on the bright side, we can all go home." After all the pool I had played that week, I really wasn't going to sweat it.

The next week I wiped my playing schedule clean for a week and went on a binge of girliness, grooming and pampering that was such the antithesis of drinking scotch in smokey bars and playing pool until 1am. I was very, very happy. I even went to bed early....and sober. I dreamed of pool, of course.....

2 comments:

adhesive remover said...

a break is always good :-)

poolminnow said...

Yes. I hope you have a good break, too. (And then kick cubc's butt.)