Sunday, May 18, 2008

Kudos to OMGWTF

I just wanted to say I was happy to come home last night to discover that OMGWTF walked away with $3000 from her challenge match with cubc, that was webcast through The Action Report yesterday. Unfortunately, I was too busy losing at a tournament to be able to tune into the action.

Of course I am a fan of OMGWTF's blog, so my happiness is no surprise. I do respect that cubc followed through on his challenges, unlike the infamous hedgehog, who said he'd give her the six, and then found every excuse to duck an opportunity to do so.

Cubc said OMGWTF had the seven por vida. She took that seven all the way to the bank. If only more people had to put their money where their mouth was....they'd probably be a little more careful where they put their mouth in the first place...por vida.

6 comments:

Michael McCafferty said...

Right On!
She deserves a lot of credit for backing up her game with her own hard-earned money.

And she deserves a lot of credit for arranging some very favorable conditions of the match-up. Who gives the seven, and the WILD seven at that? Her opponent bit off a lot more than he could chew?

The match was going nowhere until they took a break, after about 90 minutes of play. Then she came back and made 3 winners on the break, a combo, and the momentum was all in her favor after that. He just folded.

I watched the whole thing. They were shooting fast and missing stuff you wouldn't expect. Must have been a lot of nervousness from being on live streaming webcast, and the money, and the bragging rights...

Yes, Kudos to Melinda! That girl's got grit.

poolminnow said...

FastMikie: I'm really sorry I missed it. I even brought my laptop to the tournament in case there was wireless in the area, but no luck. Thanks so much for the recap.

Michael McCafferty said...

For more comments on this match-up, check out this link at AZ Billiards forum:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=99379z

Rabbit said...

fastmikie.. thanks (also) for the recap.
I had to work and tried to tune in but was apparently blocked by some security, the bastards.

Also thanks for the link to the forum, I'm eager to read what was said.

Hey minnow... dare I ask how your tourney went?

Robert Johnson said...

I thought it was odd that OMG has been trying to keep her identity hidden but the commentators kept giving her name. I watched the 2nd half or so, but my connection speed could not keep up with the stream, so I missed pieces of shots and commentary. (Buffering did not help.) I watched cubc hit with less spirit, and I watched OMG play with plenty. Giving the 7 was too much.

adhesive remover said...

Thank you all for your support! :-) I wasn't sure how the match was going to go, but I'm glad I squeaked out the W. Practice hard and greatness will follow. It doesn't follow me, but that's okay, I'm chasing it. ;-)