Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A return trip to the desert buffet....

You know stuff like this really does deserve more of a build up, but I'm tired and kinda busy, so I'm just going to lay it out there: I'm headed back to Vegas for APA Team Nationals.

Of course, because I haven't been blogging much lately you can't really appreciate how crazy that is. At the beginning of the session, I joined a team that was designed to be a serious Vegas contender. (Basically a sister team, to the team I went to Vegas with last year). Then we had handicap issues and I was forced join a second team to guarantee I could play from time to time. My handicap issue was short-lived, as I returned to my average average, but by that point, I was stuck on both teams.

My original team never really took off. It was my second team, my B-team, that managed to rise to the occasion. Just to make things a little more twisted, in the finals, we played my Vegas team from last year. After I sunk the match winning 8-ball, my opponent, a player I deeply respect and admire, turned to the captain and said "I think we taught her a little too much."

It was bittersweet, but I was proud that I came through for my team. You gotta dance with the one that brought you.

4 comments:

Michael McCafferty said...

Congrats, big time, Minnow!
You did the work, you deserve the win...

poolminnow said...

Thanks, FastMikie.

It was bittersweet for both teams. My opponents were both disappointed because their team loss, but proud of how I played. They're awesome players and friends.

omgwtf said...

Congrats! I might see you out there...

poolminnow said...

If you're, we should have a drink this year. Last year, I saw you in passing as I was rushing to a match and you looked like you were headed to dinner. Or maybe it was the opposite, but both of us were on a mission and not about to stop....