Friday, May 4, 2007

Strong finishes

So, I have come to the conclusion that there really no patterns to my game. For awhile, I was starting strong, and then seemed to slide down a slippery slope of sloppiness. Now, I am definitely taking some time to find my rhythm and focus. Is it just a matter of warming up? Or is something else going on?

Last night, I was not playing great and lost 3 games in a row. With my opponent on the hill, I was able to finally dial-in and started shooting dramatically better. For some reason, banks, which are one of the weaker parts of my game, were almost effortless. The speed, english, angle...I was just feeling them.

I'm wondering if I need to be a little nervous, to be on my best game. The pressure of the hill-hill match actually helped. And when I think back to when I first started playing at my local bar, I was nervouse, and I probably played some of my best pool ever. All the boys were scared to play me. But the other night, one of them was asking me what happened to my game...the one he knows I can play. Maybe I've just gotten a little too relaxed there?

But that's comforting to know....that nerves can be a good thing.

And I had some great shots...I remember the feeling. And, when the pressure was on I came through....its good to know I have it in me.

No comments: