Sunday, May 18, 2008

Power breaking continued....

Every now and then, you're lucky enough to come across some information that makes a big difference. Most of the time in pool, I find that new knowledge takes time to find its way to being appropriately executed and incorporated into your game.

In the breaking video I posted last week, Colin Collenso recommends gripping the cue forward for more power when breaking. I'm not sure when, but at some point I know that someone recommended to me for breaking and power stroking to grip further back in order to extend your backswing and build momentum.

Today, I started following Colin's advice... and wow. One simple change. A world of improvement. Not only was I able to get a lot of power without a lot of muscle, but I was getting much, MUCH less spin on the cue ball. A good, solid, full break. Good spread. Cue ball planted dead center of the table. Wow. That was just too easy. Thanks, Colin.

No comments: