Sunday, June 7, 2009

Still taking a break

Okay, in case it isn't obvious, I'm taking a little break from blogging. Between work, pool, and making sure I have adequate rest, I just haven't had time to put together a coherent post, and haven't felt like I wanted to just ramble. After next week, I should be able to get back into the swing of things.

So, a few random things that have happened recently, and I'd like to blog about:
* I actually had a dream where John Schmidt told me that I was doing okay, but it would be a good idea for me to set some goals. I was looking for my shoes, and he was playing straight pool with Nick Varner, and stopped to come over to talk to me just to say that. He returned to his game, and I kept looking for my shoes. I guess I need to set some goals, and perhaps organize my closet.
* I've been re-reading "Mental Toughness Training for Sports by James Loehr. And have some different reactions to it the second time around.
* I took the PAT 1 exam. I wasn't feeling particularly well, and was trying to keep my table time down, so I rushed a little bit. I ended up with 444 out of a possible 1549. (Hey, I never claimed to be anything but a D Player). But I think on a better day, with a little practice, I could score as well as 600, (maybe...). (800 is considered passing). I was actually pretty pleased.
* I have been playing pretty well in matches when it matters, but I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground and remember all the times in those matches that I got lucky or where my opponent gave me a second chance. We're in the middle of league tournament season, and its no time to get over-confident. Even if I'm in stroke its still just one ball, one game, one match at time.

I guess I just rambled, but in an efficient, almost tidy kind of way. I can live with that. Anyway, wish me luck over the next week!

No comments: