Friday, January 11, 2008

Isn't there another way to get to Carnegie Hall?

Aaaargh. I spent the last couple months whining about how bored I was with league. Now, after a few weeks, I am itching for it to start again. Do I really miss complaining about it that much? Next week we'll be back on the hunt...and I will have something to talk about again.

This week was filled with more practice--although working full-time made it hard to practice every day. I'm not sure I'd want to continue to do that anyway. As I've noted before, my game tends to suffer when I put pool before life.

I did manage to squeeze in a few bar games. Enough to realize I've gotten very comfortable practicing on my own. Maybe too comfortable. But, I think practicing on my own too much cuts down on my competitive edge. After a week of practicing (which I enjoyed), when I go to play a game I feel the nerves of being watched, but not the drive of competition. And of course, the rhythm is completely different than playing shot after shot when I practice on my own. And I'm starting to feel that I may enjoy practicing more than actually playing. But, obviously there is something ass-backwards about this. Maybe I need to be sure to put competition before practice.

Anyway, I'm starting to see why people say gambling is the best way to improve your game

No comments: