Monday, September 3, 2007

New Month, New Attitude, New Focus

So, enough of being a sad and lonely minnow. After a lot of reflection, I've cut back on my pool team commitments. Its just too much for me right now, and the late nights have been causing some unnecessary stress at work the day after. I'm a little sad, but confident that's the right thing for now.

I haven't been shooting great or really enjoying it lately, and I was starting to wonder if my interest in pool was truly waning. I just gave it a couple of days and tried to go into my practice session relaxed and focused.

My goal was to work on my slight elbow drop....its caused by an unnecessarily long follow through. My elbow drops after I hit the ball, so its usually not a problem, but I suspect that it contributes to an occasional side-to-side wobble. Its hard to change, because it means really changing the whole feeling of my stroke.

So, I returned to a series of fundamental drills and it felt great. Changing the feel of your stroke is really hard. But I was really pleased that a few times I felt a new stroke that was spot on.

No comments: