Monday, October 20, 2008

Repacking Pandora's Box

I decided this weekend to take a drastic step. If I was really going to commit to this idea that I have enough knowledge and ability to play good pool, then I needed to clean things up a bit. So, I took a box, and rounded up all my pool books, magazines & DVD's, and packed them away. While I was at it, I thought, why not just go for a completely new start, so I added all my plaques, trophies (okay, trophy) and patches. Phil Cappelle's Play Your Best 8-Ball tried to hide out under the bed, but I found it and put it in. I know it hardly seems fair when I've barely cracked the spine, but all temptations need to be removed. Later that night as I brushed my teeth, I looked in the mirror and realized that I had been sleeping in a tournament T-Shirt. In the box it went.

After the few remaining stragglers had been rounded up, the various items filled the one box perfectly. I tied it up with string and put it in the back of the closet for safe keeping.

I'll be back for them, but for now I'm enjoying the spaciousness of a clean slate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the fresh start... I know it will be good for you.

Don't mold yourself to fit someone else's idea of how you should play... Make the game your own. ;-)